A compact yet powerful splitting hatchet, designed with a short handle for portability on outdoor pursuits. The Bison splitting hatchet head is weighty but manageable for up to medium size wooden blocks and logs. The handle is made of solid and resilient hickory wood with excellent vibration absorption, ergonomically shaped for user comfort and finished with natural varnish.
The cutting edge has a medium-sharp ground and slightly concaved grind to ensure splitting energy is profiled for maximum impact.
- Hand-forged with traditional craftsmanship in Germany
- Grade A quality industrial tool steel for long durability
- Oiled hickory wood handle 500mm
- Triple safety wedging
- Axe head weight 1.25kg
- Complete with high quality Bison trademark leather blade guard
- Iconic Bison pendant made from stainless steel included
- Designed for splitting on site and forestry pursuits